Thursday 2 January 2014

2013 Flashback


2013, what a year!
A year full of lessons but also full of family,happiness, life milestones and steps in the right direction towards my future. I don't even know where to begin, but here it goes... 


January is all a bit of a blur, I was still deciding what I wanted to do with my career. I finally decided to sign up for a diploma of hospitality instead of completing my high school certificate. 
Also in January, our extended family from Victoria came over for a visit and we spent a week showing them the beautiful city of Sydney




                                                  (my cousin Matthew at Taronga Zoo)

In february I started my diploma of hospitality and made some new friends. The next few months are pretty similar to one another. I was going to classes, helping run the restaurant at our University (we each took turns at being the "Maitre D") and spending a lot more time drawing and making artworks. Probably more than I should seeing as though teachers would walk past my desk and comment on my note-taking skills. (Sarcastically because the entire page was drawings, FYI I was actually taking notes, they were on a separate page,haha)





Moving on to June, My Mum and I drove up to see my Dad while he was on a business trip further-in land and we spent a few days exploring the town. I did a few hours of driving since I was so desperate to get my license and had about 30 hours still left to complete. The end of June my Grandmother came to stay with us for a few months before she could move into a nursing home, it was a bit of a struggle for all of us but we got through it and Grandma is now enjoying her time being pampered and given 100 percent attention.




In August it was my Mums Birthday and one of the major assessments In my course. My peers and I ran the open day at our College and it was definitely a challenge. 


On september 4th I got my license! I was so nervous on the day of my test as I suppose everyone is but I got almost 100 percent. I was sure after the first 2 minutes going out the drive-way I had already failed. That lesson taught me to have more confidence in myself (as hard as that may be)


Towards the middle of September it was my 18th Birthday! At the start of the year I had started to plan a big party with all my friends, but I re-thought that idea seeing as though big parties aren't really my thing and decided to have an all-girls Breakfast at Tiffany's themed party instead. The night before the party a quite a few people pulled out. That's life and the people that were meant to be there came. It was an amazing day full of unexpected gifts and surprises (which includes the cake made by my gorgeous friend Jacki).







My brother also surprised me with an amazing gift, my canon 60d camera. He had heard me talking about wanting to take professional photos for a while and bought it for me. It was so unexpected  and I am so grateful he got it for me.

September also marked two years since I lost 35 kilos, which was a massive mile-stone for me, because I had managed to still keep off the weight.


In november I went to a few different open days for colleges trying to decide which direction I should go with my life and decided on Makeup. Brainwave! Why had I never thought of this before. I mean, I love art... and makeup so why not combine both.
I had actually wanted to do a Diploma of makeup a while ago but branded it as too expensive. After talking to the head teacher she explained to me that I wouldn't have to pay for the course as it is government funded and only when I am earning over a certain amount would I need to pay it back. I signed up, and starting getting excited about my future again.


To Celebrate my decision, I made another decision to dye my hair blonde! I'd always wanted to do it because well, I guess you always want what you can't have. I went to the hairdressers and got highlights in my hair, I loved them.. for the first day. Then after a wash, I had orange hair. 

(the day my hair was dyed, I won't show a photo of what it turned out like, because it was mortifying and frankly, I don't want to be responsible for someone's computer screen cracking)
After weeks of hoping my hair would return to its former-blondness by using blue shampoo's and asking the advice from different hair-dressers. I gave up my dream of being blonde and went back to the hairdressers for some boring brown dye.


 (back to boring brown)

Now onto the sorrow part of 2013. One day our dog decided she didn't like how our cat Hidy was looking at her and she killed her. I don't think she knew her own strength and I won't go into detail of exactly what happened but it was terrible and I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it. I'd grown up with Hidy as my cat and it was very sad to see her leave. R.I.P Hidy.



  December, Christmas Time!  Only this time, there was a new member added to our family, Zach. Now I have two gorgeous nephews and a cheeky niece (she's gorgeous too). We had our family celebration on Christmas eve like we do every year and on Christmas day had a small get together with family friends.


 

I was spoilt with presents and got a lot of things that will be useful to me in the future and when I move out, such as a brand new PINK kitchen-aid blender (to match my mixer) from my Parents. (they emphasised the sentence "this will be good when you move out".)



So that pretty much wraps it up, 2013 was one of the best and worst years of my life. I hope you all had a wonderful 2013 and have an even better 2014 filled with happiness and achieving your dreams.

Infinite x's and o's,

Elena










No comments:

Post a Comment